There are many reasons to decide to move to an age-targeted, active adult community like The Springs of Mill Lakes in Opelika near Auburn (Ala.).
People move here for the location, peaceful natural setting, amenities, activities, lower cost of living, and access to nearby university and medical facilities – but in particular, they move here because they want to live in a spacious, beautiful new home that is built especially for them – today’s active adults are ready for a new chapter in their lives, and they know what they want.
“Our 55+ buyers want to enjoy a carefree, maintenance-free lifestyle, and, if possible, live in a home that will allow them to age in place,” says Allan Campfield, homebuilder and co-owner of Homeworks of Alabama.”
Both Homeworks of Alabama as well as Harris Doyle Homes, the two premier builders currently building in The Springs of Mill Lakes, include a wide array of superb design features in their 55+ homes, such as:
- Luscious hardwood flooring throughout most of the home except bedrooms and baths
- Top finishes including granite countertops
- Wider hallways and door openings
- No thresholds on exterior doors
- Levered or round door knobs
- High quality stainless steel appliance package, including wall ovens and microwaves for easy accessibility
- Zero-entry shower with both a corner shelf and seat
- Comfort height commodes
- Grab bars (optional)
- Tankless water heater for lower energy bills
- Energy-saving spray foam insulation
- Low maintenance exteriors, and more.
Many of the two builders’ floorplans also include options to add pet washing stations and pet nooks.
“Our homes are designed and built to be safe and accessible for active adults,” says Russ Doyle, homebuilder and co-owner of Harris Doyle Homes. “55+ homebuyers in The Springs of Mill Lakes are looking for homes that allow and support independence and lifelong living. We pay a lot of attention to the incorporation of universal design, accessibility, visibility features and innovative design options that really benefit people of all ages and abilities.”
The Springs of Mill Lakes is specifically designed to appeal to the active 55+ homeowner who seeks an easy-living lifestyle surrounded by nature. The amenity-rich neighborhood broke ground in June 2016. Lots are selling fast, and homes are currently under construction.
To learn more about The Springs of Mill Lakes, the beautiful 55+ neighborhood surrounded by nature, please visit www.TheSpringsOfMillLakes.com.