Auburn/Opelika has a fun, lively vibe that makes it one of the Southeast’s favorite destinations. Enjoy live music, food festivals, outdoor activities, galleries, farmers’ markets, hiking, holiday festivities, concerts, AU sports and adult education. Or indulge in a quiet dinner for two at one of the area’s fine restaurants. It’s not about huge crowds and noisy venues. It’s about finding that just-right balance that works for you.
Check out these local, easy-to-enjoy destinations!
- Football isn’t the only War Eagle sport. Come out and support the Auburn Tigers golf, gymnastics, softball and swimming teams and more…
- Browse, shop, and dine at the elegant Jule Collins Smith Art Museum. With more than 200 programs and events and over 30,000 visitors annually, this attraction is one of the leading art museums in the state.
- Discover Chewacla State Park, home to a 26-acre lake, rental boats, hiking trails, swimming and a modern campground. An incredibly peaceful getaway.
- Toomer’s Corner is a place, and an experience, you won’t want to miss. It’s the site of the tradition known as “rolling Toomer’s Corner,” a celebration that follows every Auburn sports victory.
- Food for every mood – Whether you’re craving crepes or dreaming of donuts, the Auburn/Opelika food scene has it all. From cheeseburgers and wings to the finest in white tablecloth dining, the area offers eats that can’t be beat. Ethnic specialties, breakfast joints, local favorites, farm-to-table and so much more!